I met today with Garrett's teacher, the school's Occupational Therapist, Speech Pathologist, and Principal. We were filing to modify his current IEP (Individualized Education Plan). They noticed while reviewing his IEP from Virginia, that although Garrett's scores for motor skills were extremely low, there were no services for OT or PT. There was one OT goal in his IEP, but no services. We're going to correct that.
They are going to observe and see what kind of help he needs. If further evaluations are needed, they'll create and assessment plan.
One of the biggest modifications to his IEP is that he went from a self-contained Special Education classroom to an inclusion setting. So far, he seems to be doing well. His teacher said that he's been doing well with eye contact, and is even starting to give eye contact with some other students. He even tried to join some other students while playing on Friday. I'm very excited to see how he does the rest of the year.
Thursday, November 4, 2010
No ABA and no school has taken it's toll on Garrett. His nap schedule is all over the place and I'm not sure what to do about it. Trying to keep him occupied while trying to unpack and take care of Bronson is nearly impossible.
His school registration has to be signed by our Sponsor (Daddy), and since Daddy isn't available right now, the paperwork is just sitting on my desk. Sigh.
We notified Tricare ECHO that we've moved, but they can't assign us a new ABA provider until we have a new ABA referral. So we went to Garrett's well child visit today and got a referral for the developmental pediatrician, and now we have to wait for an appointment with them to get the ABA referral.
I'm really not sure how much more of this I can take. At least we know that we'll be here for two years. But I'm pretty sure that we're looking at getting out after that. These moves are horrible for Garrett. The break in therapy and the break in routine almost destroys any progress that we've made.