Tuesday, December 29, 2009

What a difference a month can make.

Garrett did not do well with this move. He was at a few different houses on the day that the movers came. By the time we got him home, he went straight to bed. When he woke up, I changed his diaper and then let him loose to run around. He walked around the living room and dining room and noticed that everything was gone.

He flipped.


Luckily, we had kept his little chair that he eats in. I sat him down and put his tray on and all was right with the world for a little bit.

It took him a few days to get settled into the new house. Once our household goods were delivered he did much better. He has his own room here, which is a great improvement for him.



Since we've been in the new house, Garrett has made a great discovery. He can take me by the hand and guide me to something that he wants. This is much better than dealing with a twenty minute screaming fit and having to guess. We're still working on it, because he doesn't point or gesture, he just takes you to the general area of what he wants. It's not perfect, but we'll take it!

He has not started his early intervention therapy yet. We're waiting on referrals and couldn't get in to see his new developmental pediatrician until January. We have met his new primary care manager and he is awesome. He put in for our specialty referral and asked about Garrett's improvement with speech and OT. When I mentioned the dietary intervention, he listened. He didn't look at me like I was crazy, so he gets a thumbs up from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment