Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Today's Update

Garrett woke up with a runny nose this morning. It wasn't too bad, so we packed up and drove through the slushy snow to ABA. When I picked him up, they said that he had done great with his program but wouldn't eat or drink. They said he was pretty grumpy and that his nose had been running constantly. At least he did his puzzle and shape sorter!

After a nap, Garrett had a fantastic speech session. He did the shape sorter. When he was finished putting the shapes in, he tried to reach his hand in and grab one of the pieces. His therapist said "Open?" and he replied with "oh oh oh". One of the highlights of this week's session was the blanket swing. We've done it with Garrett before. He liked it, but never really communicated that he wanted more, just that he like it. Today, we did it once and he repeated the therapist when she said "Wee!". When we stopped, we both let go of the blanket. He stood up and came over to me. I asked him what he wanted and he took my hand and put it over the corner of the blanket and said "Wee." I'm so excited! Unfortunately, the blanket swing takes two adults, so I can't do for him all the time.

1 comment: