Tuesday, August 4, 2009

He takes me by the hand

This past week, Garrett has started taking my hand. He started doing it when we were getting ready to leave the apartment. Friday, we had some company, including two boys around Bronson's age. The three of them were running around the apartment playing and just having a good ol' time.

Their good ol' time was too much for Garrett.

He walked over to me, grabbed my hand, and lead me to the front door. There was too much going on and he wanted to leave. Garrett spent the remainder of their visit in his crib by himself. He was completely content to just sit there and stare at his sheet.

He has lead me to the door a few times since then. He doesn't lead me to anywhere else, just the front door.

2 comments:

  1. That's cute, Katie. I mean oh sure, he's showing signs of sensory overload, but it's it's great that he's signaling to you what he needs to cope rather than melting down, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with sherpa -- that's wonderful that he knows when it's too much and takes a break. woohoo!

    ReplyDelete